Friday, April 29, 2005

Concentration Minimal

Yeah, can't remember when I've been this antsy. It's a huge week, being month-end (very important in the MK world, and since I am THIS close--envision me gesturing with my thumb and fingers about 2 millimeters--to going on target, I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see what happens) AND I have a packet due that needs to go in the mail tomorrow if it's going to make it to Judith on time. So I have papers to write here, and I'm sitting at the computer, and it is just not happening. At least not very quickly.

And I really wanted to get done so that I could go to Lansing to my old high school--yeah, you might want to engrave those words on a stone somewhere, because I may never say them again--they're having a Cyrano de Bergerac festival, which I think sounds cool, complete with pieces of the play enacted, French music and food, all that good stuff. It's also functioning in part as a retirement celebration for Mr. Spagnuolo, who was an institution in that institution and I cannot believe he's retiring. Maybe we'll actually find out how old he really is. Maybe not. Spag was the one who really endeared me to literature and poetry in particular....taught me how to really read poetry, not just skim it over and say, "yup, that's good." I was in touch with a teacher I had in high school that I was close to--she also directed the drama program there, which is how we got to know each other--and she's taking a leave of absence right now, but she's going to be there and I'd like to see her. PLUS, the person subbing for her, and who coordinated this festival, is none other than my old best friend, LeeAnn. We fell out of touch after high school and I've always wondered how she was doing, but didn't know how to get ahold of her after she moved out of her parents' house. So I'm dying to see her. But I just can't go unless I get this frikkin' packet done! Rarr!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home