Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Juiciest Pear

Today I ate the most delicious pear. We bought them at Meijer on Friday and they were just right--so ripe as to be to the point of dissolving in your mouth. This pear just melted on my tongue. I'd forgotten how good pears can be--real, fresh ones, not ones out of a can and encased in sugar syrup.

TEACHING
The last couple of weeks have been pretty rewarding, as a teacher. More and more students are coming to see me on their own time to get individual help, and I really feel that is the best way to do it. And the best part is, they were getting it! Really getting it. It felt so great to see them light up and finally understand something. It's times like that when I'm truly glad I do this for a job.

On the other hand, I did get my student evaluations back from last semester. On the whole, they were good. There were a couple that seemed from out of left field--apparently I talk about people's sexual preferences too much, and it's offensive?--but I've talked with Diana and feel at peace with it. It's just the way it is. Not everyone is going to like me, my style of teaching, or the subject of English at all--and any one of those reasons is enough for them to lash out and say something mean. Overall, the good comments outweighed the bad by a record ratio.

...and now I have to go! will write more later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Kell said...

Ah, Meijer! We have no Meijer's here on the east coast - but when I was a freshman at Calvin - it's the only place we ever went...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home